Monday, November 22, 2010

selfish girl



dress: vintage
shoes: target
sweetest bow belt in all the land: darlingtonia on Etsy (she's having a sale on all belts right now--50% off!)

the hardest thing about being a vintage seller for me is giving up the dresses. i mean, i'm sure all the sellers have this problem, but it seems particularly hard for me! :) it's definitely worse because i specialize in plus size, and if a dress fits me to a T, then what am i supposed to do?? let it go?? sigh.

my personal collection of dresses is already bursting my tiny closet at the seams, as you can see:



so, obviously it should be easy for me to sell any new dress that comes in, right? uh...no. i'm trying to adopt a "new in, old out" policy, but so far it's proving difficult. as a professional dogwalker, i rarely get to wear such pretty little things to work, and weekends aren't enough to stuff all my favorite dresses into two days. gorgeous dresses deserve to be worn. i'm going to try to look at it that way from now on. don't keep them locked up--free the dresses!

**don't forget: free shipping at the shop until 12/1/10! give something pretty a new home! :D**

2 comments:

  1. Erin you should be the most stylish dog walker around. You wear those pretty dresses walking the dogs.
    I am a Mum and I get dressed up everyday....it's important to do it for yourself. Being a Mum can be a little isolating and groundhog dayish. Taking the time to put something nice on makes me feel good and that I am worth it.
    Plus those dresses need you. They can't hang about unworn. They are there to be worn and float about and add colour.
    Like that gorgeous blue dress you just added to the store....oh my stars! It's so beautiful.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA, it's hard for me too, because I love so many of these finds on you! (like the one in the top pic -- I hope you kept it) This is like my xmas dilemma, but you know how that turned out (selfishly! yay).

    I was under the impression that you made more use of your dresses for work during warmer months... (?)

    ReplyDelete

hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?